Powerful search facility
You will find the account search box at the top of your side navigaion bar. This is a Google like deep search, which will return results from the whole of your account. It searches tasks, comments, postings, contacts and files; where it examines the entire contents of a file, rather than just its title.
Typing keywords into this box will return results from every area of your account but only information that you have permission to access.
Advanced search functionality
Using the following symbols to filter your search results will help you find the right information fast.
- This word must appear in the results - Add the plus (+) symbol before the word.
- Don't display a word in the results - Add the minus (-) symbol before the word.
- Wildcard search - Add an asterisk (*) before or after the word you would like to appear in the results.
- Exact phrase search - Add speech marks ("") either side of a phrase for that exact phrase to appear in the results.
Weighted searches put more emphasis on certain parts of a file.
- title: - Add this before your search term to search with emphasis on the title of a file.
- label: - Add this before your search term to search within the Labels of files.
- content: - Add this before your search term to primarily search the content of files or comments.
Workspace file search
If you’d prefer to just do a quick search of the files in a particular workspace, go to the 'Files' section of that workspace and use its search facility, which is located above its list of files and folders. The results will be displayed as links so you can immediately access the document from the results list.
Finding recently viewed items
Underneath the account search box is your 'History' link, which displays your most recent history. It makes it easy to find recently viewed items.