A Gantt chart is an interactive time line that helps calculate, manage and monitor project time frames. It illustrates task dependencies and forecasts the time required to meet your project milestones and deadline.
Organising your project
Follow these simple steps to create your project using the Gantt chart.
1. Create a project overview (configure your Gantt chart to automatically adjust to your working hours).
2. Split your project into phases, or groups of tasks.
3. For each phase enter all of the tasks in the order that they should be completed.
4. Add the anticipated duration of each task.
5. Add your project milestone(s) and add the date that your project or phases must be completed.
6. Determine whether any of your tasks have dependent relationships e.g. a task cannot start before another task is completed.
9. Monitor your project and keep it on track using Critical Path Analysis.
Accessing the Gantt chart
The Gantt chart is available in the Workgroup and Enterprise Editions of Glasscubes.
To view a workspace’s Gantt chart, go to the Tasks section and click on the 'Gantt View' tab.