Typically Administrators will want to retain control over adding users and assigning their permissions. If required though, Administrators can give other users the ability to add and remove users from individual workspaces by assigning them 'Workspace Owner' permissions. Click here if you are a Workspace Owner and want to add users to a workspace.
The quickest way to invite a user to join Glasscubes is by using the 'Add' button.
How to add users if you are an Administrator
Go to your account Settings by clicking the link on the side navigation bar. Then click on the 'User Security' link on the top navigation bar in the Settings area.
Adding a single user
To add a user to the account, enter their email address into the text box highlighted above. You then have the option of adding a personalised message to the invitation. To send the invitation click 'Next'.
Adding multiple users
You can add multiple users at the same time; providing all of the users that are being added are being assigned the same access rights and permissions. To do this, add their email addresses into the text box, separating each email address with either a comma, semicolon or by entering each on a separate line.
After entering the new user’s email address you will be given the option to select which areas of the account they are given access to and choose which permissions to assign them. Notice that the default workspace settings give “No Access”, which means that the workspace will be invisible to the user.
Workspace permissions for new users:
- Read Only - can only view and download content.
- Can Comment – the same as 'Read Only' but are able to contribute with comments.
- Contributor - can upload/modify content and have full access to the workspace’s functionality.
- Workspace Owner - can add and remove users to the workspace, change workspace settings and even delete the workspace.
In addition to workspaces, there are 'Other access rights' which can be allocated to users:
- Connect – a contact directory with 'Customer Relationship Management' and 'Issue Resolution' functionality.
- Can create workspaces – gives a user the permission to create new workspaces.
- Can access Private Messenger - gives a user access to the 'Private Messenger' feature that appears in the side navigation panel.
After selecting the user’s permissions click 'Add' to invite them into your account.